With the Novel Coronavirus raging around the world, South Africa has declared a national lockdown from 27 March 2020 that will last for 21 days ending on 17 April. During this time no alcohol will be sold. In an effort to support the local wine industry during the lockdown, a group of wine lovers came up with a way to keep the local wines and wineries top of mind of consumers, so that when the lockdown is over, people can support these wine brands with sales.
Please join me in joining them to celebrate and remember our local wine brands!
- 27 March — Sauvignon Blanc
- 28 March — Chardonnay
- 29 March — Chenin Blanc
- 30 March — Pinot Noir
- 31 March — White Blends
- 1 April — Wine Tasting 101
- 2 April — Dessert Wine
- 3 April — Pinotage
- 4 April — Cabernet Sauvignon
- 5 April — Unusual Reds
- 6 April — Red Blends
- 7 April — Hidden Gems
- 8 April — Food and Wine Pairing
- 9 April — Awarded Wines
- 10 April — Bubbly
- 11 April — Alcohol Free & Canned Wines
- 12 April — Best value wine under R120
- 13 April — Favourite ‘special’ wine > over R120
- 14 April — Favourite Pairings
- 15 April — Favourite Wine Farms
- 16 April — Did You Know?
In these difficult and unknown times, let us stand together, learn together, be safe and be responsible.
Follow The Wine Dream on Instagram for more photos and tasting notes.