2020 Prescient Pinot Noir Report
The annual Prescient Pinot Noir Report was released today. This report is convened by Winemag.co.za and sponsored by multinational financial services company Prescient.
The Top 10 list is as follows:
- De Grendel Op Die Berg 2018
- Flying Cloud Sovereign of the Seas 2018
- Iona Elgin Highlands 2018
- Kershaw Elgin Clonal Selection 2018
- Kruger Family Wines Elandskloof 2019
- La Vierge Noir 2016
- Lothian Vineyards Vineyard Selection 2019
- Shannon Rockview Ridge 2018
- Sutherland 2017
- Tesselaarsdal 2019
Wines entered into the Pinot Noir category are blind tasted and rated based on the 100-point quality scale. The Top 10 wines in the category's precise scores are only revealed at a gala dinner where the individual best wine per category will receive an award. The Best of Category wines will subsequently be shown at tastings in both Johannesburg and London.
Thanks for reading! If you would like to receive these articles in your inbox, click on the subscribe button and send me your email address.
Follow The Wine Dream on Instagram for more photos and tasting notes.