This year's Top 10 list includes some Shiraz producers that I am not familiar with. 🍷
The Top 10 list is as follows:
- Allée Bleue 2018
- Casa Simelia Syrah 2018
- De Grendel Elim 2018
- Lammershoek The Innocent Syrah 2018
- Leeuwenkuil Heritage Syrah 2017
- Painted Wolf Walker Bay Syrah 2018
- Saxenburg Private Collection Syrah 2017
- Stark-Condé Stellenbosch Syrah 2017
- Tokara Reserve Collection Syrah 2017
- Vrede en Lust Lady J Syrah 2017
Wines entered into the Shiraz category are blind tasted and rated based on the 100-point quality scale. The Top 10 wines in the category's precise scores are only revealed at a gala dinner where the individual best wine per category will receive an award. The Best of Category wines will subsequently be shown at tastings in both Johannesburg and London.
Why not start ordering these wines online right now? Or make a list of these and buy a couple of bottles as soon as the (second) ban on alcohol is lifted in South Africa.
Thanks for reading! If you would like to receive these articles in your inbox, click on the subscribe button and send me your email address.
Follow The Wine Dream on Instagram for more photos and tasting notes.